Monday, June 23, 2008

Feeling of happiness....


Whew! I had a very tiring day today...but I enjoyed a lot as we managed to have good results on our planned therapy for the patients assigned to us in Elsie Gatches-Santan Cottage. I can't forget the reactions that came from our patients. It was a good feeling to remember.
Although we seem to look so funny, we sung and danced as part of music and dance therapy. At first, there was only one who responded to me. I was the one who started it and I was surprised when one patient responded to me after 5 mins of clapping while dancing with simple steps. Our patients could be classified under profound category since their IQ level is 20 and below (meaning they are like infants). Our duty stars at 6am. First thing we do is prepare their foods. I don't want to describe their food...no,hehehe! We are 6 in a group assigned to 44 patients who needs full time care, feeding (as in you feed them with spoon one by one), taking a bath, dressing up, cleaning their tables and chairs after feeding, wash the dishes, sweeping and moping the floor ( which is one of the biggest cottage), and bring them out to the playground. So, just imagine how many calories I am burning each day! hahaha!
What a day!

No comments: