Monday, June 23, 2008

Birthday Girl

A baby girl was born on July 05, 2000...she's so cute, like an angel! I had a cesarian section because my blood pressure shoot up when I first felt some sort of labor pain. I don't know...I just remembered that the day before I could no longer sleep...I walked and walked till I am tired and went to sleep. I woke up and checked my blood pressure, it was 150/90. My OB gave me a special instruction to call her asap if my blood pressure goes up above 140/90. So I called her up and told me that I need to go to the hospital for some tests although I knew already that it may be the day to see the little angel inside me. Jay was having his breakfast when I told him that we need to go to the hospital. I had my shower. I am actually having mixed feelings that time. Fear and excitement! When my OB came, I felt my baby turned inside..brought me discomforts. My blood pressure became 170/90. I was told that I should have an emergency C-section. My heart keeps on pounding...I am nervous because it was my first time. I was given IV meds to prevent convulsion that may be brought by my high blood pressure (pre-eclampsia). I am in tears when they brought me to the operating room and was instructed to stop crying because secretions may block my airways. It was very cold inside the operating room. The last thing that I could remember, I was told to turn on my side and felt a slight pain (this time the anesthesia was administered). Afterwards, I don't know what happenned. The next time I opened my eyes was when my brother (who is a Pediatrician) tapped my foot and told me " tapos na, maputi at kamukha ni Jay!". When I heard those words...I continued with my deep sleep. Those were the words I'd like to hear that time. I really wanted her to look like her father but fair complexion like her mother. My wish came true! I was very happy! Hours after the delivery was spent in the recovery room. I used to vomit and had a heavy feeling on my head. They asked me to move my lower extremities and was able to do so. That time I was transfered in our room of choice. I saw Jay...and my Mom. I couldn't help it, but I cried! Maybe because I finally delivered my baby safely and I am very happy to be a mother. When our baby was brought inside the room, I saw her angelic face...My tears rolled down my cheeks, I told myself that we are blessed to have her-a "gift" truly came from our Lord. Because after delivery, I was told that my baby was color violet like an eggplant- effect of insufficient oxygen due to my high blood pressure. We named her Krystle- a name my husband and I agreed before. She became our joy since then.
She's turning 7 years old. How time flies! The baby we once have, had grown into a bright and loving child. We are planning to have her party in school together with her classmates. On weekend, she'll spent her time swimming with her cousins. We just hope, she'll have a good time.
Happy Birthday, Krystle-our little princess!

No comments: